Re: NVDA OCR And Windows 10

Robert Mendoza

Yes, here is the snippets from the OCR Help page to informed that the mentioned OCR should be removed to the 2017.3 or late if you are currently using Windows 10. Please be guided to read the nvda addons help page to read the full details. The link below as follow.

"Important: if you are using NVDA 2017.3 or later on Windows 10, please disable this add-on.
Performs optical character recognition (OCR) to extract text from an object which is inaccessible. The Tesseract OCR engine is used. To perform OCR, move to the object in question using object navigation and press NVDA+r. You can set the OCR recognition language by going to the NVDA preferences menu and selecting OCR settings.'

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/ocr.en.html

Robert Mendoza
On 2/4/2018 1:13 PM, inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io wrote:

Dear friends, should I remove NVDA OCR addon?

I’m using windows 10 version 2017.09 build OS16299.214 with NVDA 2017.4

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...