From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2018 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] say copy selected text

The reason it isn't built in is precisely what you just said - when it was
first being looked at, we couldn't actually know whether text had been cut,
copied or pasted etc. All we could do was detect that control+c had been
pressed and know that is GENERALLY used for copy. We didn't want to tell
the user something had been copied when it hadn't, so instead there is the
"Speak command keys" option (NVDA+4 or via the NVDA keyboard preferences
NVDA+control+k) which will read CONTROL+C in that instance.

The SpeakClip add-on does read the command - cut, copy, paste, select all
etc. It does make an effort to report this intelligently. I recall a
conversation with someone recently who said it is now more possible to
accurately tell what has happened (text has been cut, a file has been
copied, etc). If that is the case, then it potentially could be considered
to be built in.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists@...> wrote:

Been here before. There is a fake clipboard announcement add on but its
not intelligent in that its really just reading the key combinations. There
was an intelligent one being developed but it was slow and prone to
malfunctions and creating memory errors in Microsoft Word so I uninstalled
it.
I have always said it should be designed in as a novice mode bit of help,
but at the time I think it was thought too hard to make it take into
account all the instances and get the indication correct.
This is one to bring up again on the add ons list I'd imagine.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-