Re: Outlook 2013 and NVDA locking on password prompt

Gene

You can try using the object navigator commands and you can use the route and click mouse command.  If you don't know how to do these things, you can see explanations in Joseph Lee's NVDA tutorial, a very highly thought of work.

I won't go into how to do these things in this message because I don't know what you know and how to use the object navigator can't practicablly be taught in an e-mail message.

From: Pranav Lal
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 6:47 PM
Subject: [nvda] Outlook 2013 and NVDA locking on password prompt

Hi all,

I use Outlook 2013 at work on Windows 10.  If I connect to my work e-mail
from a network other than my work network, I am asked for a password. This
window comes up as a separate window on the computer. If I switch focus to
that window using alt+tab, NVDA tells me that it is not responding. I am
unable to enter any text in it but I can read the window title using nvda
key + t.

If someone clicks with the mouse to get focus to that window, I am able to
enter my password.

Has anyone else encountered this? I am using NVDA 2017.4.

Pranav