From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 2:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA question

Hi Kerryn,

I copied this from last October's In-Process re using OCR. Basically:

To do OCR with NVDA 2017.4 on Windows 10:
1. Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader.
2. Press *NVDA+r*. NVDA reports “Recognising”. After a pause, NVDA reports
“Result document”.
3. Although visually, the screen hasn’t changed, NVDA has placed the text
recognised in the image in a “virtual document”. You can navigate around
this just like a document in WordPad. Press *NVDA+down arrow* (laptop:
*NVDA+a*) to read the whole document from the current point.
4. Press *control+home* to move to the top of the virtual document.
5. Press *down arrow* to move through and read the text line by line.
6. When finished, press *escape* to exit the virtual document.

Or, using Windows 7 or 8 OR NVDA earlier than 2017.3:
1. Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader.
2. Press *NVDA+r*. NVDA reports “Recognising”. After a pause, NVDA reports
“Done”.
3. Although visually, the screen hasn’t changed, NVDA has placed the text
recognised in the image in a “virtual document”. You can navigate around
this using the review cursor. Press *numpad plus* (laptop: *NVDA+shift+a*)
to read the whole document from the current point.
4. Press *shift+numpad 7* (laptop: *NVDA+control+home*) to move to the top
of the virtual document.
5. Press *numpad 9* (laptop: *NVDA+down arrow*) to move through and read
the text line by line.

The article is: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-5th-october-2017/

With regard to "utilising the mouse arrow", could you please clarify
exactly what you are trying to do? Yes it is possible to do several things
either with the mouse, or to the mouse and with further information, I can
give you steps for that also.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <
k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

1 how to use NVDA to do OCR? say for pdf documents
2 with jaws the mouse arrow is utilised, could the mouse arrow be used
with NVDA?
hey devin could u contact me privately?
email is
k_gunness@yahoo.ca