Re: At a loss

Debra Gardner

I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.192.  I've tried the string to reregister the dl files, but no go.

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] At a loss

Hi

the question probably has been already asked which operating system are you using?

If it says like down in the running applications area saying the icons are unknown or pane or i think it is unknown in the browser and in the context menu not been spoken out etc.

The ticket it might refer to is https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807
Have a look down near aug 13 i think it is 2017 and there are other fixes for windows 7,8 and 10.

Up on my website i have only referenced it for the may version of the steps for windows 10

Gene nz

On 2/7/2018 4:34 PM, Debra Gardner wrote:
Well, I've done all I know-except a system restore  which I'm having trouble with  and also think it won't go back far enough-and I'm out of ideas.  NVDA still says unknown at most things  and is silent on web pages and context menus.  I hate the idea of the very last resort of the advanced recovery of Windows 10 where it would reinstall itself  because of having to reinstall everything.  My other screen readers have no problem, it's only NVDA.