Re: Kindle program and NVDA

ryan chou

Yup, the book in question pre first fix was definitely accessible, I
downloaded it myself to check and could read fine.
During our remote session I did think of toggling browse mode
manually, didn't work unfortunately.

On 2/7/18, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
It is definitely a book which is accessible? Not all Kindle titles are.
You did say it was but always worth double checking.
The other questions was, is the other user in Browse mode? NVDA should go
into Browse mode automatically, but if for some reason it isn't, you can
toggle between browse and focus modes with NVDA+spacebar (note if you do
this on a web page, it will not automatically change modes again on that
page, even when entering or leaving forms as it normally would. Once you
leave the page it will go back to its regular settings).

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:42 PM, ryan chou <ryan.chou1997@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, I'll get my friend to try doing that and see if it works.
As to the problem, it's pretty much that issue exactly. When I remoted
in, the best I can get is that the book opens fine, you can even read
perfectly fine using the review keys, but you can't just normally
navigate using browse mode or say all.
Thanks for your assistance.

On 2/7/18, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Are they getting any kind of error message or can they give any
information
about exactly what is happening (or not happening) and where everything
is
not working please?

If they can recreate the issue and then get a copy of the log to send
us
that might help shed light on what is happening - they (or you) can
email
it to me at info@nvaccess.org and I'll have a look.

Just looking through our issues, if I search for Kindle:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues?q=is%3Aissue+kindle+is%3Aopen
get 7 open issues, none of which seem to match the information you've
given
so far. There is one closed issue:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7661 The user was on Windows 10
and
broadly said they couldn't get books to read. They did advise that
when
they uninstalled Kindle, cleared their library and reinstalled Kindle
everything worked. While a bit annoying, that's potentially one avenue
try to resolve it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM, ryan chou <ryan.chou1997@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help troubleshoot an issue with the
windows version of the kindle reader? I am posting on behalf of a
friend.
Recently, my friend was having some issues with this thing, and
couldn't
actually read any books normally. Long story short, I sent said friend
portable copy of my NVDA installation, which seemed to have fixed the
issue, and they were able to read books normally in browse mode.
However as of today, apparently the issue is back, and I have no ideas
on
what it could be, as I use the kindle reader too and I never had any
issues
at all. Restarting NVDA or the kindle program haven't fixed the issue,
and
the current book in question has already been read successfully so we
do
know it is supported. The only large difference I can think of is my
friend
using windows 7, and me being on 10.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.