Re: Google drive nagging

Thanks, may look at this later.

On 9/02/2018 10:30 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Idrive is different. It has nothing to do with apple. You can do express back ups and restores, and more. He app is very accessible and you can even back up your phone as well and access that off site. It will even do facebook, one drive and I don't actually know what else. Here is my ref link.

https://www.idrive.com/p=alawamipro

Take care all and hope you can use this at the same time with google drive.
On Feb 8, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm any tips for google backup sync.

Also, how do you use i drive, apple made a mess of the icloud interface last year so although I can select boxes with narator and nvda I can't do much else.

On 9/02/2018 6:34 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I use google back up and sync. It's very accessible and works well. I also ise iDrive as well for my more important stuff.

On Feb 8, 2018, at 1:12 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Well at the moment it has just stopped synchronising so I guess that answers part of the question, nice of them to give me about half an hours warning. Thanks google.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io <mailto:bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:08 AM
Subject: [nvda] Google drive nagging

I see that Google drive are nagging me to update to the back up and restore new version. I disabled updates some time ago to keep the old format as nvda would not work very well with the newer versions coming out and also they were crashing machines all over the place
Is it now safe to update as the cryptic message its putting up every so often is that its no longer supported, which could just mean its not ever going to get security updates or that they intend to stop users with the old software from accessing the system any more. I have no idea which, but a few days after Google also nagging me to not use email clients to access their accounts they do seem to be getting a bit too aggressive toward their users in my view.

Is there any other easy to use cloud storage that can run on old xp machines,which is the only real reason for using google drive at all since dropbox stopped its software running, mainly due to the fact that they started to use a newer code compiler that made code that fell over on xp.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.