Re: Unable to Start Outlook 2016 While Running NVDA

Gene

There is a bug somewhere, I think in Outlook 16 that, when you use control y, craches the program.  I don't use Outlook.  Try using both control shift tab or just shift tab to move to the message list.

Sent: Friday, February 09, 2018 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable to Start Outlook 2016 While Running NVDA

That sounds quite annoying. Couldn’t a addon be created that would jump focus to the correct place when control-Y is pressed? Though from the response form the original poster there is someplace else where NVDA and Outlook are agreeing to disagree in one of the panels.

Also, any regular user of NVDA using an insider build of Outlook who could comment on if this is still occurring in the latest builds?

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7:45 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Ralf,

How are you changing folders in Outlook 2016? There is a known bug where if you use ctrl+y and the resulting tree view to switch folders, outlook crashes. You need to use the folder pane accessed by ctrl+shift+tab.

Pranav