Re: about taskmanager

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yeah. I consider myself a patient person, but that is intolerable. One of the benefits of Task manager is to be able to quickly and efficiently kill stalled processes, for instance. Again, try Process Explorer instead. J

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: February 9, 2018 9:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] about taskmanager

Hi Paul,

Task Manager is a bit slow on Windows 10 due to the way it implements UIA. Make sure you got the Windows 10 Essentials add-on installed, and after opening Task Manager, give it some time to fully establish communication with NVDA. For me, anything up to a minute or even slightly more is unfortunately normal.

Greetings,

Felix

P. Otter <pam.otter@...> schrieb am Fr., 9. Feb. 2018 um 13:13 Uhr:

hello, a long, long time ago, it was possible for me to use the taskmanager.
so it was possible to stop a programm to run.
now, i've problems with my skype, i've updated it to 7.40 but there is
something wrong in this version.
i'm using windows 10 (newest version) and nvda2017.4
from the moment i'm running 7.40 of skype, and someone is calling me, i
hear skype ringing, that is as usual.
but when i accepted the call, skype keeps ringing, also when i've ended
the call, skype keeps ringing until i've stoped skype in the taskmanager
or i've reboot my computer.
what i wrote before, it was a long time ago possible to use the
taskmager but now i only hear list, list, list.
there is nothing i can do else than reboot my computer.
that is very annoing
is there a possibillity to use the taskmanager again or ofcaurse a
solution to use skype without false ringing problems?
i have 64 bit windows 10 running.
thank you in advance for your answer
regards
paul otter