From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2018 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Now available: DAISY version of Welcome to NVDA 2018

You need an mp3 player unless you can look and play the files separately. I haven't looked at the layout of Daisy books enough to know. the whole point of the daisy format is to be able to see material as you listen. JAWS has training material in the daisy format. You can listen to the text, listen to the audio, or skim or search the text to find something and then, listen to the audio. The two are synchronized. There is no additional benefit in listening to the mp3 files in the Daisy book as stand alone files in an mp3 player. You already can get the tutorial in that form..

I should also say that I have hardly used Daisy material. Perhaps there is just Daisy material that is almost all just recorded audio. If so, I would think there would be some sort of text you can look at that indicates the beginning of sections and perhaps gives names of the different sections so you can search for the section you want, then start listening to the audio at that point.