Narator, and navigating round like that just sucks badly.

Sorry but what I like is the first letter nav for a process you can't get this, seriously, this is really putting me off upgrading.

Task manager on 2 systems shows this slowness and on a really new 7th gen i5 its the only program that makes the system unstable.

On 10/02/2018 4:25 a.m., David Griffith wrote:
I mormally find with Narrator Task Manager responds pretty much instantly.
Narrator does not interact with Task Manager in the same way as NVDA as you need to travel across all the eleements headings for each process rather than simply cursorring down the list of processes as you might expect with NVDA but as I say it is pretty instantaneous and you can get to where you want pretty easily. Just turn on scan mode with caps lock space bar and simply cursor down through the window. You will hear each process followed by the reading for each process like CPU etc but eventually you will reach the next process down. Continue down through the list to get to where you want to go.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

From: Felix G.
Sent: 09 February 2018 14:46
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] about taskmanager

Hi Paul,
Task Manager is a bit slow on Windows 10 due to the way it implements UIA. Make sure you got the Windows 10 Essentials add-on installed, and after opening Task Manager, give it some time to fully establish communication with NVDA. For me, anything up to a minute or even slightly more is unfortunately normal.
Greetings,
Felix

P. Otter <pam.otter@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 9. Feb. 2018 um 13:13 Uhr:
hello, a long, long time ago, it was possible for me to use the taskmanager.
so it was possible to stop a programm to run.
now, i've problems with my skype, i've updated it to 7.40 but there is
something wrong in this version.
i'm using windows 10 (newest version) and nvda2017.4
from the moment i'm running 7.40 of skype, and someone is calling me, i
hear skype ringing, that is as usual.
but when i accepted the call, skype keeps ringing, also when i've ended
the call, skype keeps ringing until i've stoped skype in the taskmanager
or i've reboot my computer.
what i wrote before, it was a long time ago possible to use the
taskmager but now i only hear list, list, list.
there is nothing i can do else than reboot my computer.
that is very annoing
is there a possibillity to use the taskmanager again or ofcaurse a
solution to use skype without false ringing problems?
i have 64 bit windows 10 running.
thank you in advance for your answer
regards
paul otter