Re: code factory voices

John Isige

The SAPI version responds just fine for me, Win 10 64-bit, latest build,
Microsoft WindowsVersion 1709 (OS Build 16299.194 to be exact, NVDA
2017.4. I can also confirm, no artifacts. The addon version had
artifacts for me when I tried it, the Eloquence part, I didn't try
Vocalizer. I'm pretty sure both the SAPI version and addon have seven
day demos, so anybody can try them for a bit and see if they have any
issues before they decide whether to buy them or not.

I will say the one issue with responsiveness is that it can be slow to
load for the first time, e.g. if you use it as a SAPI synthesizer in a
game or such, it can take a bit to start up. But once it's started it's
fine, and if you run that game again later, it will start faster. I
don't know why that is and I wish they'd solve it, but it hasn't really
bothered me all that much, I guess I've just gotten used to it.

On 2/10/2018 15:59, Gene wrote:
There is a SAPI 5 version of Eloquence you can try.  I haven't used it
in Windows 10.  I've heard contradictory things about whether it is
responsive in Windows 10.  It works properly aside from the
contradictory things I've heard about responsiveness.  I tried it in
XP and it doesn't have any of the artifacts the add on has with
Eloquence.
You aren't limited to the two choices you are describing.