Re: Now available: DAISY version of Welcome to NVDA 2018

ely.r@...

Joseph,
I fully support your view on this. As NVDA largely supports those of us who
are blind or visually impaired, The your audio version makes the Tutorial in
MP3 available to the widest user profile. I can't imagine the time you put
into the production. I hope that others know that you didn't just sit down
and start recording off the top of your head. The material is far too well
organized and your examples to well selected and described to not have taken
you untold hours of pre-production.
A text version would allow one to cut and paste a personal set of reminders,
but in no way, should that fall on you. I can also understand that you would
not be comfortable with less than an exact accurate copy of your work.
Though you did not copyright the Tutorial, which you might have elected to
do. Nor did you offer to sell it, though I, for one, would have gladly paid.

I suggest to this group that volunteers could use this forum to create a
free transcription Service, divide up the tutorial with each person taking
on sections to produce in a common text format. Others might serve as an
editorial board to proof and finalize the text version to be submitted to
you for approval.

When I was a grad student, I barely had time to keep up with my studies. I
would never had time to do what you do for NVDA and for this list.

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road