Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Im Auftrag von
Didier Colle
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. Februar 2018 15:21
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] conflict with apps using the NVDA key

Hi all,

I am pretty happy running emacspeak in a linux gentoo system as a virtualbox
guest on my windows system.

I run the X version launched by the cygwin startxwin command as follows:
"startxwin `which ssh` -XY dcolle@localhost emacs -- -multiwindow"

This has the advantage that I am not bothered with the lag while typing in the
cygwin shell, good clipboard integration between both environments, and I
am not bothered with the virtualbox guest modifier keys.

That works great in combination with NVDA for the host environment.

Until now I have been using the windows host for webbrowsing and pdf file
reading. Now I want to try this in the gentoo vbox environment (that recently
there have been problems with firefox is no coincidence; even ff58 does not
run always flawlessly).

My intention is to launch firefox or evince from the cmd-line in the emacspeak
environment; to make them accessible I would need the orca screen reader.

Orca uses caps-lock as modifier in laptop layout (and insert in desktop
layout): the same modifier keys as NVDA is using.

I guess that will not work nicely together. (I have still to experiment).

Thus my general question: how to deal with apps using themself modifier
keys identical to those used by NVDA? Is it possible to avoid NVDA
consuming such key combinations while in certain apps?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Didier