Re: New Skype Installation a Complete Disaster!

Gene

I'm not being unfair.  I don't object to Zara using XP and I didn't say I do.  I made my comments because Zara said she doesn't use any antimalware programs because she doesn't trust any of them.  In addition to her statement, I know from other messages that she is using XP and she is using a version of Firefox that isn't receiving security updates.  One security risk piled on another piled on another.  If Zara has JAVA scripts disabled, that will give her a good deal of protection on the Internet.  But in today's security environment, not using antimalware protection is, to understate the case, a very bad idea.

Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Skype Installation a Complete Disaster!

I feel you are being a little unfair. I have no issue with people wanting to
use older systems, but I do feel that it does pay to know the risks. There
will always be niche users, but XP is still being used by one heck of a lot
of people out there, despite all you say. its a fact, I see it every day and
its exactly why I keep a couple of machines running it here to just see what
state the choices of what you can use are in now.

I also agree of course that many many sites and programs are suspect and
full of holes or infected with goodness only knows what. One has to live
with some risk but it can be reduced.
 I don't think being dismissive of people is the way to get change, myself.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-