Re: Three cases when NVDA does not read windows objects

Lenron

I have noticed this as well.

On 2/13/18, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
Hi!
To my knowledge these are known UIA issues which have been reported to
Microsoft. Interestingly, other screen readers seem to be circumventing
them, either by design or fortune.
Kind regards,
Felix

Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@...> schrieb am Di., 13. Feb.
2018 um 11:07 Uhr:

Hello,

There are three problems I am having with NVDA not reading window
information:

I don’t know if this is a Windows problem or NVDA problem, but NVDA is
only reading 1 window when I press alt+tab several times. I press alt+tab
and NVDA does not say anything. Sometimes a restart of NVDA works, but
not
always. It just started doing this last month.

Also, in the last month, NVDA has started not to read the folder View in
Windows explorer for some reason. I open up my documents or downloads and
NVDA just says Explorer”. I can tab and get to the Tree view and other
buttons, but the folder view is completely silent. I have turned off
indexing and other things that may slow down Windows Explorer, but
nothing
seems to work. I have the same problems in the open and save dialogues in
applications as well. The folder View does not work or freezes. I know
something is there, because if I hit enter in the blank space, the folder
or file opens. Also, they are there visually. Often when I restart NVDA,
the folder view will read right as NVDA is turning off,, then for a very
short time while NVDA is just restarted. But very quickly, the folder
view
becomes silent again.

NVDA also does not always enter the start menu focus when the Windows key
is pressed. For example, when typing this email, I press start and NVDA
does not say anything. I see the start menu pop up, but pressing arrow
keys
don’t do anything. If I am in an editable window, I can type and the
search
box in the start menu will populate, but if I am in a brows window, then
NVDA thinks I am pressing navigation keys and jumps me around the page I
was on.

These problems all happen at random times and I can’t figure out what
triggers them. They happen enough that they are really hurting my
productivity at work and I purchased another computer just because these
problems were so pervasive.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix these three problems?

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

--
Lenron Brown