Re: Earlier version working

Gene

Please don't change subject lines and start new threads when talking about the same subject.  You started an entirely new thread and your subject line has little or no meaning to anyone who doesn't remember what the other thread was about.  In addition, if someone is following the thread in the archives, if you change the subject line, you start an entirely new thread and make it much harder for people to follow the discussion.  Also, if people read mail by conversation in their e-mail program, they see the new subject line as a completely new conversation.

A subject line is to tell what the message is about.  It is not to state something pertaining to the subject that should be in the message body.  the entire thread has been about something you are having a problem with.  The subject didn't change to a statement that you got it working.  the subject is still the same.  That you got it working is a statement about the subject that should be in the message body.

I am becoming increasingly concerning with the rampant misuse of subject lines in this way on the lists I moderate and own.  I shall be commenting on this increasingly when I see people do this sort of thing.  I do little moderation but I consider this to be important.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:21 PM
Subject: [nvda] Earlier version working

Well, in frustration, I uninstalled the latest version of NVDA and installed one from 2015.  Voila! Everything is working.  I don't know why.  No more unknowns and silences.  Since it's an earlier version perhaps the finer tunings don't work as well, but it's nice to have it back!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.