Re: explanation

Gene

I looked at the cite.  First, never assume that an audio link leads directly to the audio when you try save target and it doesn't work.  If you follow the link from the home page that says podcast, you are taken to a different web page from which you listen to the podcast.  Not everything that calls itself a podcast can be downloaded.  When you used save target as, you were saving the link to the page you need to go to.  Once you get there, you will see something, but I don't know just what because it may depend on the browser and screen-reader being used.  The combination of NVDA and Firefox shows, partway down the page, a line that says, web player and below that, a line that says application.
Don't down arrow past the line that says web player.  Start tabbing.  You will see a play button.  Press enter on it.  The podcast will start to play.  Using the space bar on the button won't work.  Never assume how things are laid out on web pages.  If something doesn't work and there is a link to follow, such as in this case to the podcast, follow it and see what happens.  Save target as works at times and it doesn't at other times.

Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] explanation

It is the website of NCBI technology.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: 13 February 2018 21:16
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Tell us the site, often they have a different link to download to the play
one.
 There could be many reasons apart from copyright, it may well be that the
files are not in the same place all the time and the html inteermediary page
then redirects the user to the right place. Examining some of these
downloaded small html files can give a clue to where the file actually is
stored but not always.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.