From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New
Zealand
Sent: February 13, 2018 2:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using VLC media player with NVDA

Hi

There is a tutorial up on my website for VLC media player but it is more for
playing dvds with audio description and music which should also have a link
to the add on in the page.

it can be found at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

After going to the page you will need to jump down by headings to the VLC
media player tutorial.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 2/14/2018 8:24 AM, JM Casey wrote:

I’ve never used it with this Chromecast. I use it to play videos, for which
it’s excellent. No tutorials that I know of. My experience with the program?
It’s very powerful and versatile, but sometimes things are non-intuitive,
and certain things, like the advanced preferences dialog screen, don’t
always play so nicely with screen-readers. It is however possible to change
the VLC interface. I don’t know if there are any specific interface
alterations available that work better with NVDA. I’d certainly be
interested to find out. For now, I’ve *mostly* gotten the program to do
everything I want it to do. The hardest thing, strangely enough, has been to
save my own equalizer settings for movies, but I think I finally got that
covered.