nvdaHelperRemote persists with latest snapshot

Christo de Klerk

Hello especially to the NVDA developers

A few days ago (a few snapshots ago) I wrote that when I updated NVDA to the new snapshot, I received an error message with the following label:

nvdaHelperRemote (outprocMgrThreadFunc)

The text of the error message is:

Error registering focus winEvent hook

Then there is an Ok button. When I Ok the dialog, NVDA works, except that there is no browse mode buffer which makes web browsing impossible.

This problem persists with the very latest snapshot which I have just installed, so I had to fall back again to the last working snapshot which is from about 4 February. This happens only on my 64 bit machine.

The result of this is that I have not been able to use the last number of snapshots and I have a real concern that this problem may manifest itself once 2018.1 gets released which would mean that I will not be able to use that version on my 64 bit machine.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Kind regards

Christo