Re: Using VLC media player with NVDA

Christopher Bartlett

Thank you all.  I've installed the NVDA addon and will be doing some more exploration later.  For those interested, 3.0 brings functionality for casting directly to a Chromecast using the media/render menu option.  If all goes well, your Chromecast should appear in the submenu that appears when you invoke this menu item.  You will have to approve a UAC check, and then it just works.  (Or rather, it just works sort of, when it feels like, according to no rhyme or reason I can yet discover, still it's better than the state of play before, and presumably, this functionality is under development.)
Chris

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:27 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:
I don't know how to explain the preferences dialog. Sometimes it works ok; sometimes it doesn't. It's generally a bit of a frustrating experience. Sometimes for instance when you are on a checkbox, you need to actively check or uncheck the box with the spacebar before you can even be sure you are on a checkbox at all. I wish I could elucidate this program a little better.

As for moving around in a file ... there are commands for this. You should read the hotkey table. Shift-left or right for instance will move you a short increment; ctrl-left or right a longer increment (I can't remember the default increments, but they are probably configurable, given that this is vlc).

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of zahra
Sent: February 14, 2018 9:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using VLC media player with NVDA

hi.
did someone try vlc version 3?
the last version that i tried is 2.2.8.
it workes, but not very intuative like km or potplayer.
for example:
i cant go forward or backword using just left and right arrow keys which makes navigation a little fifficult.
and when i go to preferences nvda says pane pane pane many times, after announcing specific option, it tells about fonts!
exactly like the time that you use nvda+f!
what should i do to prevent this problem?

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages www.al-islam.org

--
Christopher Bartlett