Re: Google appearing in Frame in Firefox

Mike Sedmak

I haven't found a fix, but I am also seeing a very similar issue
starting today using Firefox ESR or 58 and windows 7 and latest
release nvda 2017

I have not seen this on any other websites, only google.com

No issue using chrome to go to the google.com page

On 2/14/18, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie> wrote:
Hi all,

I am using Firefox latest version, windows 10 and Google search page with
the latest NVDA.

I have set my default page in Firefox to:

"https://www.google.ie/search <http://www.google.ie/search> ?complete=0"

This has worked fine for many years until two nights ago.

Now Google opens up with some sort of frame that I cannot navigate clearly
enough to describe here. The frame ends with a "got it" button which
appears
under the cursor when the page is fully loaded. I press enter or space bar
to select the "got it" button in the hope that this will bring me back to
the simple Google search edit box. However, nothing happens!

The screen goes completely still and no keys work on it. NVDA freezes.
After
about two minutes, NVDA wakes up and announces "Google" but then stops.

When I get a bit of reaction from the screen I can see that Google is in
some sort of frame. I cannot find any description of frames in Firefox and
so I am stumped!

Can anyone advise what is happening and what I can do to get back to my
normal Google search window?

By the way, I had the latest Firefox when this problem first appeared. I
have now gone back to Firefox 56.2 in the hope that the earlier Firefox
would not invoke the Google frames but Google still does the same thing. I
opened Google with the "search?complete=0" argument and it opens without
any
problem. This issue seems to apply only to Firefox when using the Google
search engine.

Please help while I still have some hair left!

All the best,

Cearbhall