Re: Phasing out of 7

Michael Capelle <mcapelle@...>

I don’t blame you, now with facetime, google hangouts, etc, skype really has died.

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi,
I’ll be abandoning Skype when 7 dies as well. I’ve had a mess with 8, and as far as I’m concerned, it stinks.
It’s a shame though. While I also have a TeamTalk server, and while the quality is indeed a lot better, TeamTalk is meant, A, for teams, and B, not for telephony. To use TeamTalk as a substitute for Skype would be a pain, since someone would first have to contact you by other means to ask you to come on TT, something which obviously isn’t necessary with Skype.
Not only that, but perhaps the biggest issue is that Skype was my primary telephone.
So yeah. Going Skypeless will indeed take a lot of getting used to.
I can’t ever see me going back to Skype. Crashes, accessibility shortfalls and process hogging are only the primary issues. And there’s me thinking Skype could never be any slower and broken than it already was in 7.
Cheers.
Damien.

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:17 PM

i agree, i only use team talk, as i have my own server, and the quality is much better.
e-mail me off list if you wish to join my server.

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

The below page from Doug lee explains the phasing out of Skype 7 in favor of Skype 8 or the Universal App on windows 10. I have no idea what you folks on XP will do, but I stopped using Skype in favor of team talk anyway.

http://www.dlee.org/skype/skype7phaseout.htm#what