From: Damien Garwood
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi,
I’ll be abandoning Skype when 7 dies as well. I’ve had a mess with 8, and as
far as I’m concerned, it stinks.
It’s a shame though. While I also have a TeamTalk server, and while the
quality is indeed a lot better, TeamTalk is meant, A, for teams, and B, not
for telephony. To use TeamTalk as a substitute for Skype would be a pain,
since someone would first have to contact you by other means to ask you to
come on TT, something which obviously isn’t necessary with Skype.
Not only that, but perhaps the biggest issue is that Skype was my primary
telephone.
So yeah. Going Skypeless will indeed take a lot of getting used to.
I can’t ever see me going back to Skype. Crashes, accessibility shortfalls
and process hogging are only the primary issues. And there’s me thinking
Skype could never be any slower and broken than it already was in 7.
Cheers.
Damien.