Re: Phasing out of 7

Karim Lakhani <karim.lakhani@...>

It's not great for sure but with a little of tabbig around it can be useable.
I think it's nice they have a web version but it's very time consuminbg tabbing around, maybe I haven't learnt all t he tricks but for now it's good for f un.
Nothing I'll not to do with out.

EMAIL:karim.lakhani@...
$$$$
$$$$
Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a
reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you
can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Damien Garwood
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi,
I’ll be abandoning Skype when 7 dies as well. I’ve had a mess with 8, and as far as I’m concerned, it stinks.
It’s a shame though. While I also have a TeamTalk server, and while the quality is indeed a lot better, TeamTalk is meant, A, for teams, and B, not for telephony. To use TeamTalk as a substitute for Skype would be a pain, since someone would first have to contact you by other means to ask you to come on TT, something which obviously isn’t necessary with Skype.
Not only that, but perhaps the biggest issue is that Skype was my primary telephone.
So yeah. Going Skypeless will indeed take a lot of getting used to.
I can’t ever see me going back to Skype. Crashes, accessibility shortfalls and process hogging are only the primary issues. And there’s me thinking Skype could never be any slower and broken than it already was in 7.
Cheers.
Damien.

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

i agree, i only use team talk, as i have my own server, and the quality is much better.
e-mail me off list if you wish to join my server.

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

The below page from Doug lee explains the phasing out of Skype 7 in favor of Skype 8 or the Universal App on windows 10. I have no idea what you folks on XP will do, but I stopped using Skype in favor of team talk anyway.

http://www.dlee.org/skype/skype7phaseout.htm#what

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.