Re: Phasing out of 7

Sarah k Alawami

I use zoom for my business meetings. I need skype though for one  of my jobs as thats how I teach my students. I send and receive files, voice clips when needed, and chats as well as assignment links for my students as well, so zoom will not work in this case.. Plus their internet is not that good. 5 megabits down by about 1 up. We sometimes cannot hold a conversation that way lol!

Take care

On Feb 15, 2018, at 8:23 AM, Peter Beasley <pjbeasley23@...> wrote:

I don't know anyone who uses it, but there is a client called Zoom. The site is zoom.us.

-----Original Message----- From: Damien Garwood
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi Zara,
As I said. TeamTalk is for realtime conferencing, not telephony, and
unfortunately I am unaware of any other programs that allow for direct
telephony like Skype does.
Cheers.
Damien.
-----Original Message----- From: zahra
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

which program should i use instead of skype for telephony?
i am using skype 7.36 now, but version 7 have many accessibility
issues and even the program sometimes closed without my will!
i did not have this problem using version 6 of skype
can someone off list help me to learn how to use teamtalk for telephony?
the advantage of teamtalk is not forcing update!
i can download any version that i want to use and keep it forever
without update and worried for update and compatibility with my
windows!

On 2/15/18, Michael Capelle <mcapelle@...> wrote:
I don’t blame you, now with facetime, google hangouts, etc, skype really has
died.