Re: Phasing out of 7

Sarah k Alawami

I hate web skype. I had a play with it November of last year and it was horrible with chrome, chromevox and safari and voiceover. Did not test it with nvda as of yet. But yeah it is over all a horrible experience even with both accounts I have.

On Feb 15, 2018, at 12:29 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

Just read the article it had to happen sooner or later. I am using windows 10 still with the desk top version of skype and flip between that and the universal version of it as well. I guess unless windows 7 users upgrade to 10 the old code might not work with 10 etc.

hence slowly stop working over time.

I wonder if the new one they are working on skype for web will be the replacement for users before 10 which can be found at https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=13&ct=1518725827&rver=7.0.6730.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wreply=https%3A%2F%2Flw.skype.com%2Flogin%2Foauth%2Fproxy%3Fclient_id%3D578134%26redirect_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fweb.skype.com%252F%26state%3D3f4b065f-9fc7-4814-4eba-dd964f51f4b2%26site_name%3Dlw.skype.com&lc=1033&id=293290&mkt=en-NZ&psi=skype&lw=1&cobrandid=90010&client_flight=hsu%2CReservedFlight33%2CReservedFlight67

If i remember right it will work through your browser. I had a quick play a couple of months back but have not been back in to have more of a play and.

I do have a mostly written tutorial for the app version but not posted yet or was it finished.

I think when i had a play with the web version it was pretty accessible minus some features which are still coming or may be already there now?

Gene nz

On 2/16/2018 3:15 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:

The below page from Doug lee explains the phasing out of Skype 7 in favor of Skype 8 or the Universal App on windows 10. I have no idea what you folks on XP will do, but I stopped using Skype in favor of team talk anyway.

http://www.dlee.org/skype/skype7phaseout.htm#what