From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi

Just read the article it had to happen sooner or later. I am using windows 10 still with the desk top version of skype and flip between that and the universal version of it as well. I guess unless windows 7 users upgrade to 10 the old code might not work with 10 etc.

hence slowly stop working over time.

I wonder if the new one they are working on skype for web will be the replacement for users before 10 which can be found at https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=13&ct=1518725827&rver=7.0.6730.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wreply=https%3A%2F%2Flw.skype.com%2Flogin%2Foauth%2Fproxy%3Fclient_id%3D578134%26redirect_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fweb.skype.com%252F%26state%3D3f4b065f-9fc7-4814-4eba-dd964f51f4b2%26site_name%3Dlw.skype.com&lc=1033&id=293290&mkt=en-NZ&psi=skype&lw=1&cobrandid=90010&client_flight=hsu%2CReservedFlight33%2CReservedFlight67

If i remember right it will work through your browser. I had a quick play a couple of months back but have not been back in to have more of a play and.

I do have a mostly written tutorial for the app version but not posted yet or was it finished.

I think when i had a play with the web version it was pretty accessible minus some features which are still coming or may be already there now?

Gene nz

On 2/16/2018 3:15 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:

The below page from Doug lee explains the phasing out of Skype 7 in favor of Skype 8 or the Universal App on windows 10. I have no idea what you folks on XP will do, but I stopped using Skype in favor of team talk anyway.

http://www.dlee.org/skype/skype7phaseout.htm#what