Everyone I know have whats app skype or facetime but well for me skype is used a lot and the family well.

When is skype to not nolonger be supported as a valid version of skype?

If it goes I guess I will have to try to use 8 and the universal app.

On 16/02/2018 4:23 a.m., Michael Capelle wrote:
I don’t blame you, now with facetime, google hangouts, etc, skype really has died.

From: Damien Garwood
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi,
I’ll be abandoning Skype when 7 dies as well. I’ve had a mess with 8, and as far as I’m concerned, it stinks.
It’s a shame though. While I also have a TeamTalk server, and while the quality is indeed a lot better, TeamTalk is meant, A, for teams, and B, not for telephony. To use TeamTalk as a substitute for Skype would be a pain, since someone would first have to contact you by other means to ask you to come on TT, something which obviously isn’t necessary with Skype.
Not only that, but perhaps the biggest issue is that Skype was my primary telephone.
So yeah. Going Skypeless will indeed take a lot of getting used to.
I can’t ever see me going back to Skype. Crashes, accessibility shortfalls and process hogging are only the primary issues. And there’s me thinking Skype could never be any slower and broken than it already was in 7.
Cheers.
Damien.