Re: Phasing out of 7

Well if they would improve skype 8 to be more accessible or improve skype app so that some of the good features of skype 7 are ported over thats all we ask.

Now it does appear that the download links for skype classic have changed, I have found 1 link to get skype classic, but to be honest, its really not skype classic users want, I don't really want skype classic, I just want to use the latest skype in an accessible way.

Hmmm, there is a thought I wander if I was a skype insider, I wander if that would change things some.

On 16/02/2018 2:14 p.m., inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io wrote:
Dear friends, the matter of fact is that I did talk with the team of Skype support and I expressed all of my concerns regarding accessibility and screen reader related things and He told me that Microsoft is not forcing people to use modern Skype as long as they will remove all of our concerns.
Further more He said that we can use Skype classic as long as that version is installed in our machines.
He said that if anyone of you is facing any kind of problem using Skype classic, feel free to contact Skype support and they will always be reading to fix the issue whatever you people have regarding the use of Skype classic.
That’s what the result of conversation between me and Skype support team but as far as my opinion is concern, Microsoft is secretly forcing us to switch over from Skype classic to either Skype 8 for those who are using less than windows 10 or Skype app for windows 10 for those who are using windows 10.
To my best knowledge if we all screen reader users regardless of what screen reader we are using continue to connect to Microsoft disability answer desk and with the help of them if we continue to connect to Skype support team and if we continue to voice our concern, at the end of the day our concerns will be heard and will be removed as well!
There is a need of unity among users of screen reader users.
It is not the time to argue a screen reader against a screen reader that which one is better, it is the time to show solidarity and unity of visually challenged people to Microsoft in order to rescue Skype from dying!
HTH
Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@gmail.com