From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 10:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi!

Wow, makes me feel glad to be working in an environment where nobody gets fired right on the spot for voicing a valid complaint.

What makes you assume that someone pointing out accessibility flaws doesn't have a life? That's a pretty generalizing statement from my standpoint, and I'd love to understand the underlying logic before dismissing it as simplistic and/or impolite.

Also, is it valid at this point to assume that if someone is afraid of losing access to something, they are automatically afraid of change in general? I don't see how that follows. Even if someone were afraid of change, would that disqualify them as a valuable human being?

Finally, you mention the paradigm of shaping up or shipping out. Let's say some software gets replaced and the new version has serious accessibility flaws making it impossible for someone to be as productive as before, what exactly would shaping up consist of?

Looking forward to some fruitful discourse.
Best regards,

Felix

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> schrieb am Fr., 16. Feb. 2018 um 18:43 Uhr:

Hi, Michael,

You're darn right that no employer would put up with whining and complaining from any employee whether blind or sighted. They'd be fired right on the spot! I don't know why some people are afraid of change. As I always say, it's time to get a life. Like the old saying goes, shape up or ship out.

Rosemarie