Re: Phasing out of 7

Karim Lakhani <karim.lakhani@...>

From my experience once you go to win 10, that will be the end of old
skype.
If'm wrong how can I go back from the web version of skype?
I would know where is the best version of skype located for win 10?
Thank you?!

EMAIL:karim.lakhani@...
$$$$
SKYPE: goldenace4
$$$$
can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-)

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clare
Page
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 6:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Phasing out of 7

Hi!
I've been reading this thread about the phasing out of Skype 7, which is
already getting quite long, with interest, as I've been using Skype for
nearly ten year snow, and I don't want to give up on it if I don't
absolutely have to.
As I write this, Skype 7.40 still works on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC, but,
judging from what I've read lately, it is hard to guess how much longer
Skype 7 will still exist. Some people say Skype 7's days are numbered,
others say there has been a glitch which caused problems with Skype 7 and
made it impossible for some of its users to log in for a while, but I'm not
totally sure which to believe: both might be true, for all I know.
It's great that there are accessible alternatives to Skype out there, and
that Windows 10 users also have the option of using Skype UWP, the Skype
version from the Windows Store. But what will the rest of us NVDA users do,
those who don't have Windows 10 and want to stick with Skype for whatever
reason, when Skype 7 no longer works? That is bound to happen one day.
I'm sad to say I have not yet heard any word from the NVDA developers about
any work on Skype 8 to make it more accessible with NVDA in the future.
Will future versions of NVDA support Skype 8 without the need for add-ons,
or is there the possibility of an add-on being produced for Skype 8 to help
us until the stable version of NVDA fully supports the new Skype for
desktop?
If there are any developers reading this who can answer the above
questions, or tell us anything else about the current situation where Skype
8 and NVDA are concerned, I'm sure I am not the only one who would be happy
to hear from them on this list.
Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions, whatever they say.
Bye for now!
From Clare