Re: NVDA Says too much

Chris Bezant <chrisbezant999@...>

​​
Hello Quentin

That's perfect, thank you, that will make life so much better. I am relying more and more on NVDA.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Chris Bezant

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Hi Chris,

No problem at all re asking the question - if you don't ask, you'll never know :)

Many people use NVDA in different ways, and different people need different information read out.  In NVDA's Document formatting dialog - press NVDA+control+d to open it (or press NVDA+n for the NVDA menu, then choose "Preferences" then "Document formatting"), you can select which elements and information get read out, including list information.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Chris Bezant <chrisbezant999@...> wrote:
Hello
I just joined today. I am partially sighted and have been using NVDA for a while now and would be lost without it.
My question is: How can I stop it saying Menu Item, List Item etc?
Looking down a list of menu items I would like it to just say the item.
I hope this makes sense and hope it's not too trivial.
Thanks for any help.
Regards
Chris Bezant

Quentin Christensen