Re: usable torrent client recommendations?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes indeed. The problem though is that torrents generally are laden with malware. One needs to be very careful. Obviously we cannot condone breaking copyright with this mode of distributing software, but like everywhere else on the internet there are villains out there.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris via Groups.Io" <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] usable torrent client recommendations?

Use an older version of utorrent
I use 1.8.5 and it works fine no problem no ads
Just disable updates and you good to go

Sent: 16 February 2018 21:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] usable torrent client recommendations?

Hello everyone.

I have been using Utorrent, or Mu-torrent, as it is sometimes called. I ended up with some build of 3.5 on this Windows 10 machine. It is not totally unusable, but the ads have a tendency to get stuck and crash the program. It also causes firefox to crash on a semi-regular basis. I was even willing to “upgrade to pro”, to get rid of the ads, but clicking on the link takes me to some silly games page, and while I’m sure it’s possible to get to the correct page from there, I got this inexplicable impression that the developers did not actually want me to upgrade the software at all, since they make the path so cryptic. In short, I think I would feel more comfortable with a different client altogether. Of course, I am looking for one that is very configurable and which plays nice with NVDA. Have you fine folks any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.