Re: accessibility of other browsers for nvda users:

gene,
when for example: i want to download nvda or any other software in
firefox, it asks me whether i want to open this file, run or save it.
but about multimedia files, new browser open them by default without
asking whether i want to open them or download them.
this problem can be resolved completely by changing about:config
settings of firefox,
but about google chrome, it has not complete solution unfortunately
and wished that test other chrome based browser like slimjet or
chromium.

On 2/19/18, zahra a <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
adobe acrobat does not support persian very well, moreover, its not
free and for the sanctions against iran and reading license of adobe,
i realy dont trust this company!

I haven't tried those versions of Chrome, but why not ask if such
settings
are available in Chrome? I don't know if they are or not but they either
may be or there may be another way to do what you want in Chrome. That's
true for Firefox as well. Also, I'm not sure what you want to do. You
appear to want to be able to save multimedia files without them opening
in
Chrome or Firefox. As I said, there may be ways to do these things you
don't know about in both browsers even if there are no settings. I can't
discuss multimedia files in part because I'm not sure just what kinds of
files you are discussing and I may not have tried to save those
filetypes..
But in terms of files such as audio files like MP3s, in Firefox, once the
file starts to play in the browser, you can save it by issuing the
command
control s, then using the save as dialog that opens. I wouldn't be
surprised if that is true in Chrome as well.

Please explain what you want to do in detail so people can address it.

You may want to live in the technological past indefinitely but you can't
unless you want to be increasingly unable to do things you do now and
limited in things you may want to do in future.