Now maybe they have relaxed the licencing to account for some of these issues. It has been at least four years. Still, it's an issue that cost vast amounts of time and money in the past.

Best,

Erik

On February 19, 2018 1:42:15 PM "Andy" <wq6r@...> wrote:

I've never seen this licensing scheme before. If you buy a license for JAWS,
it's yours no matter how often you use the program.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Robinson" <jardatalearningcenter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Cc: <blindtech@groups.io>; <win10@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:06 AM
Subject: [nvda] Giving up on CodeFactory voices in NVDA

Hello!

You know, I have had it with this CodeFactory thing of deactivating
constantly. I checked out one of the Microsoft voices they have in NVDA
and
this voice is not too bad; it is not as clear as Eloquence or the
Vocalizer
Expressive voices, but it is a little better than the standard NVDA voice
in
my opinion. I think CodeFactory could make this program permanent with
NVDA
as it is with other screen readers. They end up making the program far
too
much trouble to use in NVDA than it is worth. I'll just eat the cost
because I don't expect them to do anything about the crazy requirements
for
using the voices. I'll thkink twice before I purchase such software in
the
future.

Can we use any other Microsoft voices that windows offers? If so, how do
we
do it?

James Robinson