Re: a bit of help before I go in for job training: question about dragon and NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Not sure about the 64 bit thing as nvda and indeed most screenreaders are still32 bit apps.

I imagine it might be a better processor, more ram and an ssd.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a bit of help before I go in for job training: question about dragon and NVDA

Yeah they told me that. But their systems right now are 32 bit They think that switching to 64 bit will help. I really hope that they can some time use computers that are not processer intensive like mine. Mine is an i7 or maybe an i5 with speeds of I think 6ghz. I would think dragon could run smoothly on that with nvda, maybe. Although lugging that to work would be a pain in the back side, not somethingn I would infact enjoy as this thign is about 8 pounds.

On Feb 19, 2018, at 1:27 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I think Dragon is quite processor intensive. I could never get it to work well in xp.

Not tried it of late myself though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 10:50 PM
Subject: [nvda] a bit of help before I go in for job training: question about dragon and NVDA

Hello. I applied for and almost got the job for being a caption call agent. The problem is this. what ever tools they use once dragon starts to read back what I said, the system chokes and the screen readers start to stutter and the computers freeze. I suggested NVDA but I believe this even happens there. is there someone with dragon that would be able to test all of this? maybe someone who could work with me and caption call as I'm working with their HR department. They said they have to go according to what goes with the memory of their systems which right now are 32 bit. what should I tell them in order for them to be on the right track. I even recommended some non nvda tools such as Jaws and JSay but I want to promote NVDA at my job in case they don't want to or can't use jaws. Is there someone who might be able to do an add on, or something I can do to make dragon work better than it is now? I know the issues they are talking about as I'be seen this happen on all the platforms. if need be I can ask them to contact who ever would be able to help. For those interested go to captioncall.com and maybe contact their HR department. See if you can get in touch with them and explain what to do as I want to give this a try and see if this can indeed be done.

Take care all.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.