Re: Master snapshot is only 540k

Antony Stone

Assuming you're using a command-line version of wget (is there any other sort?
I don't know) and assuming it uses the same options as the Linux version, the
relevant ones in this case would be:

-c continue a previously-interrupted download without starting again

-w n wait for n seconds between retries if a download fails

Antony.

On Monday 19 February 2018 at 23:07:00, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I wonder failing all of that if there is a keep alive setting in WGet
where it will just keep trying and resuming until the download is gotten,
or you can try it from a remote box via ssh somewhere and then download
it from there later.

On Feb 19, 2018, at 1:52 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
<bglists@...> wrote:

That sounds like packet loss to me. Do you know the address of the server
its getting it from? Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene New Zealand"
<hurrikennyandopo@...> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Master snapshot is only 540k

Hi Brian

I just tried getting the snapshot with sea monkey and doing it manually
and i get the following message below.

C:\Users\hurri\AppData\Local\Temp\1yjDH9cM.exe.part could not be saved,
because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Even if it does start downloading it dies shortly after.

It seems to do it in all the browsers not download but other sites will
let me download stuff.

It is weird how some can get it and not others.

so am guessing now do i contact nvaccess since it is there server?

Gene nz

On 2/19/2018 10:54 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
So downloading files like podcasts etc elsewhere is no issue, or maybe
programs? If not then its a routing issue to the servers from your
location by the sounds of it, but its very odd. Anyone else you know in
your area who can also try it? Might be good to see if its your end or
in fact a widespread issue. I guess you could try some pings to the
server address and see if the round trip time or packet loss is
unacceptable. Brian

bglists@...<mailto:bglists@...>
briang1@...<mailto:briang1@...>, putting 'Brian
<hurrikennyandopo@...><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...>
From: Gene New
Zealand<mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@o
utlook.co.nz> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 4:24 PM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><mailto:nvda@....
io><mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> Subject: Re: [nvda] Master snapshot is
only 540k

Hi

Nar no matter which browser you use and which way it is just not coming
down. I even tried it on the next snapshot and the same results.

I also did it with either the save link thingy in mozilla fire fox and
what ever the others are called as well.

it is weird how you and some others can get it but not me. I used to be
able to get it every week apart from this weekend.

I am guessing maybe other servers are used for you guys?

Gene nz

On 2/19/2018 10:42 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I was actually able to dl it in about 2 seconds using safari. Did they
fix what ever was wrong this morning perhaps, I hope?

Take care all.

On Feb 18, 2018, at 1:31 PM, Gene New Zealand
<hurrikennyandopo@...<mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...><m
ailto:hurrikennyandopo@...><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@....
nz>> wrote:

Hi brian

There is a problem in a couple of browsers that i have tried to get it
with. The download starts then dies some times at 400 k or so some times
a bit more. I have adsl and have even left it but still no go.

there is no anti virus blocking it either. I am guessing other should be
getting the same problem.. It is the version with 64 f on it it is the
latest one.

I wonder what is happening?

Gene nz

On 2/18/2018 9:58 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I just downloaded it here using firefox 52 and its over 20 meg in size.

Did you perhaps get the old, this file is not one which is regualrly
downloaded error and then it aborts? There is section in firefox to turn
this warning off.
Brian

bglists@...<mailto:bglists@...><mailto:bglists@
blueyonder.co.uk><mailto:bglists@...> Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@...<mailto:briang1@...><mailto:briang1@
blueyonder.co.uk><mailto:briang1@...>, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene New Zealand"
<hurrikennyandopo@...><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...><
mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...
.nz> To:
<nvda@nvda.groups.io><mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><mailto:nvda@...
s.io><mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 7:32 AM
Subject: [nvda] Master snapshot is only 540k

Hi guys

is the servers playing up? For the last couple of days i have been trying
to download a master snapshot and each time it comes down it is only
about 540k. Is the server playing up? for when i go to click on it up
comes a security smart screen I think it is the windows one.

I am also wondering if things have changed like it is a stub then it gets
the main file? I am guessing not.

I usually like once a week to see what might of gone into it each week.

Has any one else had the same problems?

This was doing it from inside of the master snapshot under the help
section.

I have also tried it from the main page and still got the same results.

This was again on feb 18th and also tried on the 17th

Gene nz

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
material at