From: Quentin Christensen
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Master snapshot is only 540k

Hi Howard,

Most users would use the regular stable release (2017.4 currently),
available from the main page.

The "Snapshot" builds are "beta" versions, which are built in between the
stable releases, so that anyone interested can test out new features, check
whether bug fixes do indeed fix reported bugs (and don't introduce any new
ones), etc.

They are available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

The "Next" snapshots are newer, like "alpha" builds and may not
necessarily be as stable.

The "Master" snapshots (as mentioned in this thread) are more like "beta"
quality - they have features and fixes which have been in Next for a couple
of weeks and are hopefully more stable.

While anyone can download them, we do recommend that you keep a stable
version of NVDA on hand in case things don't work as planned with the
snapshot builds. As for size, they are a similar size to the regular stable
release, around 20MB.

If you download and run one, it should work much like the stable version -
ie bring up the same dialog offering to install etc.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:50 AM, Howard Traxler
<howard@...> wrote:

Sorry, but I think I've missed something here. Just what is
Master snapshot and how big should it be?

Howard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io" <bglists@...>