Re: Master snapshot is only 540k

ChrisLeo

Hi,

I tried to get the last master snapshot yesterday and today, but the download still failed from Rome Italy.

Thanks.

Chris.

Quentin Christensen, 20/02/2018 00:58:

Hi everyone,

Since this problem seemed to happen to some users and not others (and some
intermittently), our best guess is that the file gets distributed across
several servers to make it a faster download for people in different parts
of the world, and one of these copies may have got corrupt during copying.

In any case, Mick has pushed an update this morning which is live now and
certainly at least for me, seems to download ok:

Version 14868,48743675 Mon Feb 19 23:22:15 2018

I expect the same problem will remain for anyone trying to download the
previous master build, but if you have problems with this new one, please
let us know.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

OK you are all not going mad.

C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\4KBLiS3A.exe.part could not be saved,
because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the
server administrator. C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\4KBLiS3A.exe.part
could not be saved, because the source file
It looks to me like sometimes the file name is being messed up somewhere
along the line as the actual address I see it looking at is.
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/oqsba9xk3349p6v7/artif
acts/output/nvda_snapshot_master-14865,769e09f1.exe

Its not doing it every time though, and indeed not even often, but
sometimes.
Can anyone comment?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk