From: "Gene New Zealand" <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Master snapshot is only 540k

Hi Quentin

Just tried again today to download the latest snapshot with 16 at the end of it and still getting the same problem wheather you do it from inside of the master snap shot or actually going to the snapshots page and downloading it that way.

If the second way is chosen it does not come up with the error but will let you save it but it never really comes down only part and even when left it dies.

When i went to do it through the master snapshot i get the same message as below.

C:\Users\hurri\AppData\Local\Temp\uRVRN1vw.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I then went to the nvaccess website put in my email address to get the 2017.4 release and what do you know I have the 2017.4 fully downloaded to this computer and it starts up.

I also did a reset on the modem to see to see if there were problems there but even after that it still does it. At present i am doing a disk clean up just in case there was a corrupted copy causing it but do not think so.

I just thought i let you know it is still doing it and i guess as long as i can get the next release of nvda when it comes out it is a good thing.

Makes you wonder if it is a geographical thingy with a server?

Gene nz

Hi Howard,

Most users would use the regular stable release (2017.4 currently), available from the main page.

The "Snapshot" builds are "beta" versions, which are built in between the stable releases, so that anyone interested can test out new features, check whether bug fixes do indeed fix reported bugs (and don't introduce any new ones), etc.

They are available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

The "Next" snapshots are newer, like "alpha" builds and may not necessarily be as stable.

The "Master" snapshots (as mentioned in this thread) are more like "beta" quality - they have features and fixes which have been in Next for a couple of weeks and are hopefully more stable.

While anyone can download them, we do recommend that you keep a stable version of NVDA on hand in case things don't work as planned with the snapshot builds. As for size, they are a similar size to the regular stable release, around 20MB.

If you download and run one, it should work much like the stable version - ie bring up the same dialog offering to install etc.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:50 AM, Howard Traxler <howard@traxlerenterprises.com<mailto:howard@traxlerenterprises.com>> wrote:
Sorry, but I think I've missed something here. Just what is
Master snapshot and how big should it be?

Howard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io<mailto:blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>>