espeak-ng+subscribe@groups.io

greetings,
simon

Am 23.02.2018 um 11:30 schrieb Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:

The problems I referred to were some strings shut it up and some uK english words sounded incorrect in some cases when used in certain sentences.
brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Eigeldinger" <simon.eigeldinger@vol.at>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Bug in espeak ng used in NVDA Next
Hi,
NVDA next is using espeak ng 1.49.3 dev at the moment.
espeak ng hasn't got a new release.
though the latest espeak ng in nvda next is from the master branch.
in espeak ng master the bug was fixed.
this is a german only bug where there are issues with some phoneme changes.
Greetings,
Simon
Am 22.02.2018 um 04:32 schrieb Quentin Christensen:
Hi Simon,

What version of eSpeak-NG are you using?  Looking at:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/releases indicates that the latest
version is 1.49.2, which we updated to prior to NVDA 2017.4.

Having said that, I know there are still issues with eSpeak, some of which
are tracked on our issue tracker, and some on eSpeak-NG's here:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 5:35 AM, Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger@vol.at
wrote:
Hi all,

The currently used espeak ng has a bug in the german language.
The bug has been fixed and espeak ng should be updated to latest master.
haven't opened a ticket yet because i thought i'll not make to much
noise about it.
though i can open a ticket as well if the devs prefer that.

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

---