Narrator seems to have gotten snappier in recent versions. My main problem with it is that it limits my browser choice, and screen readers should strive not to do that.
Best,
Felix

mattias <mjonsson1986@...> schrieb am Sa., 24. Feb. 2018 um 11:46 Uhr:

Narrator to slow and clunky?

What do you meen with clunky?

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Skickat: den 24 februari 2018 10:50
Till: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [nvda] FW: [win10] Version 1709 and beyond: screen readers mustsupport uIA notification event in order to announce various things from apps#ADVISORY #WinTen1709 #WinTen1803

It seems to me like Microsoft are slipping back into the ways that got them

into the brown sticky stuff with edge. Ie changing things and putting out

releases with no advisory to the screenreader community of a big change in

the system. we have seen it in Skype recently too. Somebody over there at

Microsoft needs to get a better grip on changes that affect access software

and not merely assume narrator is all that matters.

Narrator is still too slow and clunky to use every day.

I was going to get a windows 10 machine but until they stop messing about

I'm sorely tempted to stay old fashioned!

Have they lost that Jenny whats her name from the accessibility management

who seemed to do a good job before?

Brian

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.