Re: Important notice: Freelists version becoming part of history on May 4, 2016

Hmmm.
This is fitting joseph that you should come at the end of the freelists group and have the honour of closing it down completely just before you yourself retire from your duties, a job well done I say.
You actually get to end one era and see the start of another before switchover I doubt many have been in that position.

On 4/05/2016 6:22 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
*** For archival purposes. ***

Dear NVDA community:

On behalf of NVDA international users group leaders, I hereby declare the
closure of Freelists version of NVDA users group effective May 4, 2016.
Please follow the instructions carefully depending on your situation:

1. If you are a member of the Groups.IO forum (all of you here), you
can ignore this message.

2. If you are a member of the Freelists version of NVDA users group,
please unsubscribe from that version (send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" (without quotes) to nvda-request@freelists.org). Anyone left
on the Freelists version by May 11, 2016 will be removed automatically.

3. For those attempting to subscribe to Freelists version: we're not
accepting new members, and archives has been locked on that forum in
preparation for transferring forum material to Groups.IO once it is ready.

4. The very last person to unsubscribe from freelists version will be
Nimer Jaber (owner of Groups.IO forum), as he has ownership and archive
transfer authority.

As stated before, this forum (Groups.IO version) supersedes Freelists
version. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph