Re: question

anthony borg

Ok thanks gene for your help.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 25 February 2018 12:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

Internet Explorer, which is probably being used, has a feature that, if on, will play MP3 files as they are downloaded to a temporary location, in Windows Media Player.  I specified MP3 files because I know the feature will cause those to play.  I don't know if  it will cause other filetypes to play.  Of course, some sites instruct browsers to play files in the default player or the player specified for that purpose in browser settings.  They aren't necessarily downloaded as full files, but are streamed, as I discussed before.

While we don't know, I think the most likely thing that is occurring is that the file is playing as it is downloaded into a temporary location.  And of course if you let it play, it will play to the end although, on a system faster than dial-up, the file will have finished downloading long before play ends.  One way to find out if this is happening is to try to save the file from within Windows Media Player, as I described in an earlier message.

Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:53 AM

But you could easily play it in any media player. You need to tell us what
file type it is.
 Some are playlist files, ie the playlist is downloaded and this has the
address in it of the file and its type.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.