From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@blindza.co.za>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Those using Outlook expres with multiple identities

Brian, which version of outlook express for win10 are you talking about?

Asking since have come across a couple of variants - here's mention of one, but, not sure if this is what you meant?

http://runasxp.com/Thread-Outlook-Express-6-for-windows-7-8-and-10-DOWNLOAD

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-05-03 1:59 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Now that we have a version of Outlook Express that works on windows 7 to
10, I thought it might be a good idea to repeat this little batch file
here.
As many have found when switching identities a lot O-E can get confused
if nvda is running and refuse to display messages or indeed allow entry
of messages. The reasons for this are unclear but have been going on
even in windows xp at times even when the preview pane is disabled.
My quick and dirty fix is not really a fix but reboots Outlook express
into the same identity that has stopped working properly. You put this
batch file in the working directory of Outlook Express. the one with the
exe file in it, and call the batch file from a desktop shortcut instead
of its normal entry shortcut.
Here is the batch file.

@echo off

taskkill /f /im msimn.exe
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1>nul

start MSIMN.EXE
exit

This then reboots or runs Outlook Express either in its default identity
if its the first time you ran it, or in the current one if its stopped
working correctly as above.
For the curious, it forcibly terminates Outlook Express and everything
else it has running, then waits for the dust to settle, and reboots it
in the same identity.

Hope it helps.
I'm sure this is due to an interaction with nvda, but nobody seems to
have found the culprit in some years now, so at least this is a work
around.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.