Re: question

Antony Stone

If that really is the site Anthony's talking about (I await his confirmation),
then there are MP3 URLs embedded in the source code of the podcast pages, and
those URLs can be downloaded as offline-playable MP3s.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a standard pattern for converting a
podcast page URL to the corresponding MP3 download URL, but it's certainly
possible to download the podcasts.

I found the URLs by starting from a page with the player on it, pressing the
Windows Context key (without any link focused) and then selecting "View Page
Info" from the context menu which appears. If you then move one icon to the
right (from "General" to "Media"), you get a list of all the media links on
the page, and one of them is the downloadable MP3.

I hope that helps,

Antony.

On Monday 26 February 2018 at 17:20:49, Hareth wrote:

I think this is the site He's talking about, It has an embedded web
audio player, so it needs other method to download podcast audio file:
https://www.ncbi.ie/technology/

TC

On 2/26/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Do you know how to go to the page you are working with, copy the address
from the actual page to the clip board, then paste it into a message?
Just giving the name without a suffix such as org or com with the user
not having any idea what it is is not sufficient. Also, the user has no
idea whether the podcast is on the home page or some other page. If you
don't know how to copy an address from the address bar of the browser
you are using, let us know. You are not giving sufficient information.