Re: question

Sarah k Alawami

I guess I was one of the blest ones. I was board during my 8 hours of computer training I had as I learned everything with in about 2 hours. and after they left I practiced until the next set of 4. I actually taught someone sighted how to do the basic tings a few weeks later, was even typing someone's papers all be it not very fast. lol! but yea I must be blessed as computers for me are easy, notice I said computers, I did not say coding. that part is not.

Also keep in mind that person might not speak english so that might be an issue there as well, or they might just not want to follow instructions, in that we cannot help and in that I refuse to give any as well until they either do what I say or there's the door.

On Feb 27, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

It is difficult to know what level to talk to people at, as I do not consider myself expert, but do know about the address bar. This goes back to something our Moderator said some time ago. When folk are taught windows, they are in fact not taught it at all, they are given 'by wrote' things that do things commonly needed, with no info given on exactly what the logic is and what does what and when. One of the reasons I included controla in my description of the way to grab the address bar is that I have seen people assume all the fields are always highlighted or selected, and this is not the case. Also, it is all too easy to turn off the selection by accident.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Gamages via Groups.Io" <james.gamage=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

Hello,

Of course it would have been easier if we had the URL in the first
place, but, having visited the website, for a site perporting to be for
blind people, it is not very blind friendly, I think our friend who
first asked the question did very well to actually get the file to play.
All the suggestions have had their merits, but I think that it will be
more straightforward to just get it playing and then use an audio editor
to record it in real time.
Perhaps someone will look at the site and make it more blind friendly,
now that we have the site, step by step instructions would be helpful
for downloading an MP3 file, because I couldn't do this, why they are
buried deep in the site is beyond me.
finally, we should remember that not everyone is a wizz kid with
computers, including myself, surely this list is to help those who are
still learning, perhaps learning the basics, even if it is frustrating
at times. Let's hope we haven't put our friend off from asking questions
in future.

Best Regards, Jim.
-----Original Message----- From: Antony Stone
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Do you realise how much easier it would have been for us to help you if
you
had simply told us the address of the page you are trying to download
the
podcast from?

I have found it intensely frustrating to see you answer every request
for the
address of the page with "It is the website of ncbi" or similar, even
after
people have told you this is not sufficiently clear or specific.

Antony.

On Tuesday 27 February 2018 at 11:55:42, anthony borg wrote:

Thanks very much that you have managed to understand my problem.
Because I have many times to find the mp3 but without any success.
Regards
Anthony