Re: Windows 10 App Essentials 18.03A emergency patch released #addonrelease

One thing I have noticed, is that all teams in ms don't seem to always communicate to eachother.

So everyone does their own thing I am sure if it all was one thing somehow then it would work.

On 28/02/2018 6:15 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
This sounds like a situation of the only way the new bits will work is from the new builds, but until everyone has all the new stuff bits will not work.
I'm a little worried to note we are getting A Creators update Spring edition which is supposed to aid synchronisation of tasks between platforms like apple and Android as well.
You know the more I hear about has Microsoft policy the worse I feel about ever having stability again.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 5:52 PM
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 18.03A emergency patch released #AddonRelease

Hi everyone,

First, for those who've reported issues with Windows 10 App Essentials
18.03: my sincere apologies. I have corrected the root problem (explained
below in detail). Due to something beyond my control, notification
announcements in newer apps in Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators
Update) will be restricted to NVDA 2018.1 and later.

Because of the regression, the add-on won't work (update feature won't
work). Thus, please manually install 18.03A via this link:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/download/18.03/wintenApps-18
.03A.nvda-addon

Also, for those using NVDA 2017.4 and happen to use development snapshots
for this add-on: you're also affected by this regression. The current
workaround is to manually apply 18.03A first, and NVDA will then check for
the emergency patch for today's development snapshot. Also, if you are using
NVDA 2017.4 and add-on dev snapshots, please report this kind of regression
ASAP, otherwise those using stable version will go through what they just
went through. Lastly, I'm not free from this mess: again, my apologies for
this mess in the first place.

Technical: NVDA 2017.4 uses older version of comtypes, a dependency used to
talk to COM (Component Object Model) routines. Also, it may have been built
with older Windows 10 SDK. As a result, UIA notification event and
associated routines are not included as part of that release. Thankfully,
NVDA 2018.1 does include newer version of the dependency and may have been
built with newer Windows 10 SDK release, thus UIA notification announcement
(and debugging routines) will work.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph