From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Gamages via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

Hello,

Of course it would have been easier if we had the URL in the first place, but, having visited the website, for a site perporting to be for blind people, it is not very blind friendly, I think our friend who first asked the question did very well to actually get the file to play.
All the suggestions have had their merits, but I think that it will be more straightforward to just get it playing and then use an audio editor to record it in real time.
Perhaps someone will look at the site and make it more blind friendly, now that we have the site, step by step instructions would be helpful for downloading an MP3 file, because I couldn't do this, why they are buried deep in the site is beyond me.
finally, we should remember that not everyone is a wizz kid with computers, including myself, surely this list is to help those who are still learning, perhaps learning the basics, even if it is frustrating at times. Let's hope we haven't put our friend off from asking questions in future.

Best Regards, Jim.
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Antony Stone Sent: 26 February 2018 18:09
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

If that really is the site Anthony's talking about (I await his
confirmation), then there are MP3 URLs embedded in the source code of
the podcast pages, and those URLs can be downloaded as
offline-playable MP3s.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a standard pattern for
converting a podcast page URL to the corresponding MP3 download URL,
but it's certainly possible to download the podcasts.

I found the URLs by starting from a page with the player on it,
pressing the Windows Context key (without any link focused) and then
selecting "View Page Info" from the context menu which appears. If
you then move one icon to the right (from "General" to "Media"), you
get a list of all the media links on the page, and one of them is the
downloadable MP3.

I hope that helps,

Antony.

On Monday 26 February 2018 at 17:20:49, Hareth wrote:
I think this is the site He's talking about, It has an embedded web
audio player, so it needs other method to download podcast audio
file:
https://www.ncbi.ie/technology/

TC

Do you know how to go to the page you are working with, copy the
address from the actual page to the clip board, then paste it into
message? Just giving the name without a suffix such as org or com
with
the user not having any idea what it is is not sufficient. Also,
the
user has no idea whether the podcast is on the home page or some
other
page. If you don't know how to copy an address from the address
bar
of the browser you are using, let us know. You are not giving
sufficient information.